MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE: the highlight of the year for the sports medicine specialist professional scene.
The MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE has established itself as the central platform for innovations in the field of sports medicine. It will be taking place in Düsseldorf on 17 and 18 November 2015 as an elementary part of the programme of the world’s largest medical trade fair, MEDICA 2015 (dates: 16 to 19 November). World-renowned experts such as, for example, the fitness “guru”, Mark Verstegen, who made a considerable contribution to the success of the German Football Association Team at the 2014 World Championship with his methods, as well as men of action from innovation-driven companies are coming together at the 3rd MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE in order to present and discuss new solutions and technologies in the field of sports medicine. The emphasis of the event lies in monitoring training and vital data as well as creating appropriate activity programmes – for popular and professional sports.
There are numerous topics of conversation. Accordingly, from 2016 on, doctors can present “prevention recommendations” for sport association and fitness centre services for their patients. The costs for this are then borne by health insurance companies. In this way, “Sports on prescription” will become a reality. How it functions and what services are supported are examples of topics at the conference.
The two-day programme of the 3rd MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE is composed of five successive sessions as well as a “guided innovation tour” with a get-together in conclusion.
During the scope of the guided innovation tour, the participants become acquainted with innovative health and fitness monitoring devices that will be presented at MEDICA 2015. The Swiss company, Hocoma, is going to be taking part with robotic sensor driven medical devices for functional movement therapy. Cosmed will be presenting innovative solutions for lung-function and performance diagnostics and InBody devices for analysing body composition. In the meantime, Ondamed will be devoted to identifying dysfunctional areas of the body using electromagnetic fields. At the big “WT – Wearable Technologies Stand” in hall 15, the latest “Activity Tracker” can be tested, many new contacts can be made by means of networking and collaborations can be initiated.
Renowned speakers from the fields of science, research, sports medical care and from companies such as Polar, adidas, Under Armour and Microsoft will make the MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE the highlight of the year for sports medicine specialists and “sport techies”.
Speakers at the conference will include:
- Professor Dr. Carl Foster, professor for kinesiology and sports science at the University of Wisconsin and former president of the American College of Sports Medicine. One of the central figures in the field of performance monitoring and the founder of the “American Health and Fitness Index”.
- Mark Verstegen, CEO of EXOS and an American fitness expert, has revolutionised the training of many teams and athletes by means of his concept of “Core Performance” and made a considerable contribution to the success of the German Football Association Team at the 2014 World Championship.
- Heidi Dohse, founder of “Tour de Heart”, took part in bicycle races and surfed with Robby Naish until she was diagnosed with heart disease. In addition to her role as programme manager at Google, for more than 20 years, she has been underway as a bicycle racer with a pacemaker in the field of extreme sport.
- Professor Dr. Bernd Wolfarth, head sports medicine specialist of the German Olympia team will be shedding light on the steps required for developing an electronic file on professional athletes.
- Alberto Bichi, general secretary of the FESI, as a representative of the European sport product industry, is promoting guidelines for prevention.
- Silvia Binder, founder of the “Binder Institute for Personalized Medicine” will be speaking about the effectiveness of focussed electromagnetic fields for professional and popular sports. Whereby, physiologically dysfunctional regions of the body, which can be a game stopper for athletes, can be identified and treated.
- Professor Dr. Wilhelm Bloch, head of the Department for Molecular and Cellular Sports Medicine at the University of Cologne will be presenting new findings in the field of epigenic analysis. The analysis data provides information on specific predispositions and athletic abilities that flow into sports medical care.
- Birgit Böhm, scientist at the Institute for Preventive Paediatrics at the Technical University of Munich, has been researching the topic, “fitness and children” for many years. She will present the results with the topic “My daily 90 minutes – exergames versus real sports”.
- Professor Dr. Klaus-Michael Braumann, president of the German Association for Sports Medicine and Prevention (DGSP) will be talking about monitoring physiological parameters to promote fitness and health.
- Joe Cummiskey, dean of the Faculty for Sport and Exercise Medicine at the University of Dublin, will be presenting EFSMA guidelines regarding “Exercise Prescription for Health”.
- Professor Dr. Alexander Ferrauti from the Ruhr University in Bochum will be presenting how he assessed the fitness status of players for the Germany Tennis Association and derived optimal training from this at the time.
- Dr. Vesa Linnamo, Professor for sports technology at the University of Jyväskylä will be presenting innovating monitoring approaches for improving performance.
- Professor Dr. Frank Mayer, Professor for sports medicine and sport Orthopaedics at the University of Potsdam, will be presenting new ways for diagnosing and treating back pain and the initial findings from his back project.
- Marco Peluso from Qardio and Kay Rathschlag from Wearable Life Science will be presenting “Wearable Technologies” , which will play a central role in the future in the fields of prevention and sports medicine.
- Otello Sorato and Marc Saab will be showing how they measure and train cognitive parameters in the case of Formula One drivers.
- Christian Stammel, founder and CEO of the WT – Wearable Technologies Group, will point out the latest relevant development in the field of sports medicine.
- Marco Suvilaakso, head of product management at Polar, will be presenting the development from fitness trackers all the way to smart coaching systems.
Once again, MEDICA 2015 has recorded the participation of 4,800 exhibitors from more than 60 nations. In particular, halls 4 and 5 (i.e. devices and products for physiotherapy and rehabilitation) as well as hall 15 (wearables and health-IT for monitoring vital data) will be of interest to sports medicine specialists and physiotherapists.
Those interested in the MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE can register at www.medica.de/msc1 (for € 190) and also view the conference programme there. Also interested partners will find further information here. The MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE is taking place at CCD Süd on 17 and 18 November 2015.
Upon publication, a reference copy would be appreciated.
MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE:
Organisation: Dr. Sonja Sulzmaier
E-mail: [email protected]
Messe Düsseldorf GmbH
Press and Public Relations MEDICA 2015
Martin-Ulf Koch/ Larissa Browa
Tel. +49(0)211-4560-444 -549
E-mail: [email protected]